I'm +1 with you on the fact that this code should be included after each
javadoc goal.

I guess they agree too,

but I *think* this is just something Olivier and the Maven PMC cannot
afford integrating this code into the maven-javadoc-plugin without being
200% sure this isn't going to be a license infringement. This is their
responsability not to drag the Apache foundation into such issues.

Cheers