Greetings,

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 9:52 PM, Christian Schulte <c...@schulte.it> wrote:
> Why change '-target 1.5' to '-target 1.6' without any requirement to do
> so ? Either stay with '-target 1.5' or introduce something which
> requires '-target 1.6' as a justification. Don't get me wrong. I don't
> get the point.

Move forward or die. If you are stuck on 1.5, you can continue to use
a full stack that is already supported. I am so sick of hearing people
complain that they will be broken if a JDK migration to a newer
version is undertaken. No, you are not broken, you simply can not
upgrade. There is a huge difference between being broken and not
having an upgrade path.

Should we ensure that Apache Maven can fit on a 1.4mb floppy disk,
also?? I mean, we're breaking everyone that runs Apache Maven on a
networkless machine without any USB drive and has to use 1.4mb
floppies to transfer Maven Central, etc.

This form of anti-migration argument has less value than a "without
any requirement" argument for not migrating.