+1 (possibly set the deps to 3.0.4 instead, and not 3.0.5)

I don't think we need to branch the parent poms. That will just create
unnecessary complexity. As you pointed out, plugins can continue to use the
Q-1 version of the parent if the want to go with 2.x-compat (and
add/override plugin upgrades/configs if needed).

I'm also very positive to "avoid a disorganized process of individual
plugins"!

/Anders