Hi Klaus

I assume you would like to learn how Mesos is designed and implemented
feature by feature through design doc of Epic. If that is that case, you
could start with https://github.com/apache/mesos/tree/master/docs which
describes Mesos overall architecture, func spec of main features, release
history, roadmap plan and so on. It actually also cover what Alex cited.

After that, if you have interest on specific topic/feature, you could
search JIRA for related ticket to check the design idea and related
discussion.

Hope it will help.

Thanks,

Yong