Had some discussion with Ben M, for the following two solutions:

1) Ben M: Create sub-pools of resources based on machine profile and
perform fair sharing / quota within each pool plus a framework
capability GPU_AWARE
to enable allocator filter out scarce resources for some frameworks.
2) Guangya: Adding new sorters for non scarce resources plus a framework
capability GPU_AWARE to enable allocator filter out scarce resources for
some frameworks.

Both of the above two solutions are meaning same thing and there is no
difference between those two solutions: Create sub-pools of resources will
need to introduce different sorters for each sub-pools, so I will merge
those two solutions to one.

Also had some dicsussion with Ben for AlexR's solution of implementing
"requestResource", this API should be treated as an improvement to the
issues of doing resource allocation pessimistically. (e.g. we offer/decline
the GPUs to 1000 frameworks before offering it to the GPU framework that
wants it). And the "requestResource" is providing *more information* to
mesos. Namely, it gives us awareness of demand.

Even though for some cases, we can use the "requestResource" to get all of
the scarce resources, and then once those scarce resources are in use, then
the WDRF sorter will sorter non scarce resources as normal, but the problem
is that we cannot guarantee that the framework which have "requestResource"
can always consume all of the scarce resources before those scarce resource
allocated to other frameworks.

I'm planning to draft a document based on solution 1) "Create sub-pools"
for the long term solution, any comments are welcome!

Thanks,

Guangya