I ran into some compilation issues after upgrading to OS X 10.12.1, and was
able to build successfully with Jie's help.

The first thing was that I encountered a lot of these deprecation warnings:

../../../3rdparty/libprocess/../stout/include/stout/os/posix/su.hpp:241:9:
warning: 'syscall' is deprecated: first deprecated in macOS 10.12 -
syscall(2) is unsupported; please switch to a supported interface. For
SYS_kdebug_trace use kdebug_signpost(). [-Wdeprecated-declarations]

Which was fixed by adding CXXFLAGS=-Wno-deprecated-declarations when
configuring.

The next thing was hitting the following when running the libprocess tests:

./libprocess-tests
Failed to obtain the IP address for 'Benjamins-MacBook-Pro.local'; the DNS
service may not be able to resolve it: nodename nor servname provided, or
not known

To resolve this, (I'm not sure how Jie figured this out), I had to go into
System Preferences > Sharing and turn on Remote Login (but you'll want to
do this only for administrators I assume..).

The last thing was that apparently there is an incompatibility in the
system installed apr and svn headers, which is fixed by using the headers
from a brew installation of subversion. For me, I had to re-install the
brew version before I could successfully point to them during configuration:

$ brew unlink subversion
$ brew install subversion
$ ../configure CXXFLAGS=-Wno-deprecated-declarations --disable-python
--disable-java --with-apr=/usr/local/opt/apr/libexec
--with-svn=/usr/local/opt/subversion

I figured this would be helpful to anyone else running into these issues,
I'll update the getting started page to direct users towards these steps.

Ben