Hi Vinod,

We (Jie, James, me) briefly discussed this topic and some implication over
slack:

* I mentioned I was surprised how a vote on _moving the project repo to ASF
gitbox_ turned into _moving the project repo to Github_.
* Jie mentioned that this would simplify (enable?) how we could close Github
PRs. He also mentioned infra reliability.
* I mentioned that I believed that while it was in ASF’s interest to support us
as long as ASF was around, I wasn’t sure the same would hold for Github.
* I wrote that personally I’d prefer improving limitations in our tooling over
moving to Github.

That said, I’d prefer if we’d keep an ASF infra repo as source of truth like
agreed on in the vote. We should get a clearer understanding of the limitations
and limits of what ASF can provide before considering Github as source of
truth. I personally do not yet see a true need.

Cheers,

Benjamin