On Fri, Jan 12, 2024 at 5:55 PM Benjamin Mahler <bmah...@apache.org> wrote:

> As part of upgrading to CentOS 9 at X/Twitter, Shatil / Devin (cc'ed) will
> be working on:
> * Upgrading to Python 3
> * Cgroups v2 support
> We will attempt to upstream this work for the benefit of other users.
> In addition, we have several long-standing internal patches that should
> have been upstreamed but weren't. We currently deploy from an internal
> 1.9.x branch with these additional patches on top of OSS 1.9.x. To simplify
> the above work since the code changes will be substantial (especially for
> cgroups v2), we'll try to work off master (or 1.11.x) and upstream our
> long-standing internal patches to minimize the delta between OSS and our
> internal branch.
> Let me know if folks have any questions. IMO it would be good for users to
> hold off on going into the attic so that we can land this work at least.
> Ben

Reply via email to