Sigh, the message was hidden below the fold.

Part of what I've been playing around with is doing this.  It's pretty easy
to set up both autoformatting and warnings in idea.  There's a checkstyle
plugin, and you can just import the appropriate file on each.  As a fair
warning, until we do the blanket reformatting there will be a lot of
warning highlighting in a lot of the Java files.

I'll be documenting that as part of the ticket (regardless of checkstyle
configuration specifics), and I'll also update the wiki (or point to links
for it, I believe Checkstyle's docs walk through how to do it) as part of
the exercise.

Sorry about spamming the list.