Github user merrimanr commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/796

    Just tried this again and I could not get it to work.  I noticed master has
not been merged in recently so that could be the cause.  Here are the issues I
see:

    - anytime I select a Time Range or Quick Range, this query is sent and no
results are returned:
    ```
    {
      "query": ""
    }
    ```
    - when I select a Time Range or Quick Range, a query is sent during the
next refresh cycle when I would expect it to be sent immediately
    - when I change the "FROM" field the "TO" field is automatically set to the
end of the day but I don't see a way to change it back to "now"

    I suspect something is off so I will pause on reviewing until a search with
a time range is working again.

---