Github user merrimanr commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/834

    After reading this whole thread I agree with @ottobackwards.  If we
installed and started all services and THEN installed our parsers separately
this whole issue goes away.  If a parser's template doesn't exist or isn't
installed correctly, it fails and hopefully we know exactly why.  That is
obviously a major architectural change and won't be solved in this PR.

    Since we're in a situation where we do include default parsers as part of
the installation, I think they should work out of the box and fail fast if
there are not installed correctly.  Would some of the concerns be alleviated
with https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/831?

    +1 from me either way.

---