+1 to the feature branch.

Also, there have been some questions about solr support recently, I think
when the feature branch
is ready you should announce it on user@ too, we may get some help from
folks looking for this.

On January 18, 2018 at 14:26:14, Justin Leet (justinjl...@gmail.com) wrote:

Now that we have ES at a modern version, we should consider bringing Solr
to a modern version as well.

The focus of this work would be to get us in a place where Solr is
upgraded, along with the related work of building out the Solr
functionality to parity with Elasticsearch. The goal would not be to add
net new functionality, just to get Solr and ES in the same place for the
alerts UI and REST interface. Additionally, it would include the various
supporting necessities such as ensuring associated DAOs are testable, and
so on.

Given the testing, reviewing, and iteration involved, I'd like to propose
doing this work in a feature in a feature branch.

Jiras would be created based on this discussion once it dies down a bit.