I think the feature branch is a good idea, but what is in the feature
branch or feature branches will have to shake out.

I agree in concept with what you have in the jira, but I have two points.

   1. We will need a break down of introducing Spark to the stack
      - required version due to HDP support
      - do we want to update HDP support before this?
      - Spark tuning/defaults
      - Spark configuration support / UI etc
      - more….
   2.

   When I read this, it seems like a Lambda architecture approach. Should
   we, as part of this start exploring the possibility to replacing storm with
   spark streaming such that we do not have to maintain separate streaming vs.
   batch codebases?
   3. This mechanism would be used in the future for telemetry ‘replay’.
   That would mean that ( IMHO )
      - we should understand that case as well for this
      - build this capability out such that it is generic enough that a
      second use will not warrant a re-write or huge refactor

I think this breaks down to a few sets of functionality:

   -

   Base support for deployment, management or spark
   -

   Metron services for triggering, and monitoring of Apache Spark ( on
   demand and constant ), maybe rest stuff like the caps
   -

   UI / Stellar base support
   -

   Build out of Batch Profiler service on top of that
   -

   Build out of replay service on top of that ( plus all the replay stuff
   that needs to also be done - like are you replacing data or having two
   sets…. trial runs etc )
   -

   ????
   -