Right now, we tie together our main release and the Bro plugin, as seen in
our 0.4.2 release
https://archive.apache.org/dist/metron/0.4.2/ and the current RC.

Other projects, e.g. NiFi <http://apache.org/dist/nifi/>, split apart these
releases within their dist directories.

In our case this might look something like
0.5.0/
metron-bro-plugin-kafka
    - 0.2.0/

Right now, with the releases tied together, we aren't upgrading full-dev
with the version of the plugin (because we're releasing simultaneously and
can't update the version number).

If we split them apart, we can make the releases independently.  This fixes
the problem of aligning the versions (simply release the plugin first,
update full-dev, release core Metron).  The plugin also updates
substantially less often and we can just do those releases at a cadence we
choose.

Any thoughts on doing this?
Do we want try to get this separation done after the current release cycle
is over?
If we do, do we have a preferred layout? I didn't see anything Apache
preferred in a quick search, but I definitely could have missed something
(and https://checker.apache.org/projs/nifi.html looks clean for NiFi, so I
assume it's fine.)