I found a helpful article here:
https://brianflove.com/2018/01/08/ngrx-the-basics/

A lot of this goes over my head, but in a nutshell, it's a tree-based state
management object for JS.  Its main drawback seems to be added complexity, but
if the guys who are more familiar with UI say we would benefit from it I am
inclined to take them at their word.

Thank you,

James Sirota
PMC- Apache Metron