It may.  We may get to the point where we can handle more complex objects.
Until then, I made the approach pluggable and put up a quick JIRA/PR  for
people to tinker with here
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/261>.  I had this dude
already done in a long languishing branch, so I figure I might as well see
if it's useful.