Github user cestella commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/261

    @ottobackwards Regarding your other question, we mandated that every
message capture the original message and a timestamp as required fields.  If
the message doesn't have that, then it fails validation and an error is thrown
for that message.

    Certainly after it's parsed, you can apply a stellar transformation and
replace the timestamp field with another one using Stellar.

    There is currently a bug where we apply stellar transformations AFTER that
validation happens, so we don't have the ability to specify a timestamp via
stellar if it is not there already.  If we had that fixed, then we could apply
the timestamp to the message in stellar, for sure.

---
with INFRA.
---