I would think pulling the band-aid off and getting to HDP 2.5 and HDF 2.0
would be worth it.
Then jiras around taking advantage of the improvements in Storm can start.

On October 14, 2016 at 18:11:32, justinleet (g...@git.apache.org) wrote:

Github user justinleet commented on the issue:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/310

As an aside, the reason for attempting to bump the version of Kafka is that
there seems to be a bit of a catch where moving Storm to 1.0.1 causes
problems with Kafka, but leaving it obviously means the packaging no longer
lines up. If someone knows a way around that (or even better, a more
correct way to handle that) without upgrading Kafka, I'd probably prefer to
use that, and leave Kafka for another day.

---
with INFRA.
---