1 for me.
The Stellar transformations are part of creating a compete document ( along
with the parsing ) that will be passed to other topologies for further
processing. Failure on either side should be an error.  This avoids
inconsistency downstream and other problems.  If Metron were to allow this,
then it should be a configurable ‘policy’, which defaulted to case 1.