Github user DomenicPuzio commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/359

    Sorry for the delayed response, @cestella - I was taking some time off for
the holiday.

    While I don't believe custom enrichment is pushing us over the timeout
(we've clocked it at 15ms at the worst), that's certainly a possibility and
something that we should also guard against. With this in mind, we now have two
tasks to look into:
    1. Ensuring all messages get acked after a successful join by building out
the `streamMessageMap`
    2. Making sure that our cache refresh is set to some fraction of the Storm
timeout interval

    Are these both items that we would like to complete? Should we split these
into separate JIRAs and PRs? Should I work on the acking changes within this PR?

---
with INFRA.
---