To be clear- NOBODY is suggesting replacing Zookeeper with Ambari.

So, as a bit of a reset- here's what's being proposed:

 - Expand ambari to manage the remaining sensor-specific configs
 - Refactor the push calls to zookeeper (in ConfigurationUtils, I think)
   to push to ambari and take an Ambari user/pw and (optionally) reason
 - (Ambari can push to zookeeper, but it requires a service restart, so for
"live changes" you may
    want do both a rest call and zookeeper update from ConfigurationUtils)
    WAS
    Question remains about whether ambari can do the push to zookeeper
    or whetheror whether ConfigurationUtils has to push to zookeeper as
well as update
    ambari.
  - Refactor the middleware that Ryan submitted to have the API calls take
     an Ambari user/pw and (optionally) reason
  - Refactor the management UI to pass in an Ambari user/pw and
(optionally) reason
  - Refactor the Stellar Management functions CONFIG_PUT to accept an
Ambari user/pw and (optionally) reason

-D...