Github user merrimanr commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/316

    @jjmeyer0, merged your PR in with the new tests.  Everything looked good,
thanks for helping with that.

    I just submitted another commit with tests for the remaining services
excluding TransformationValidationService (still thinking about how to rename
that).  Will have that one done soon.  I also refactored the
SensorParserConfigServiceImpl by removing all the Grok functions with the
exception of the isGrokParser method.  The read/write methods for Grok
statements are exactly the same as the read/write methods in the
HdfsServiceImpl class and are not needed so I removed them.  I feel like the
saveTemporary method should be in GrokServiceImpl so I moved it there.  With
this change, SensorParserConfigServiceImpl more closely matches the other CRUD
interfaces.  Let me know what you think about that.

    As for the error you ran into, I have hit that as well many times while
working on Metron.  The underlying problem is that the shade plugin is not
correctly configured on the metron-statistics module.  The guava library is not
shaded and the uber jar is installed instead of the regular jar.  This means
you cannot exclude guava from the metron-statistics dependency and the version
mismatch tends to show up at runtime.  I believe this problem is outside the
scope of this PR and should be fixed separately.  There are other modules that
have the same problem so those need to be fixed as well.

    Speaking of guava, you might want to consider not using it in
KafkaServiceImplTest.  That library is deprecated aggressively and has caused
us a lot of problems because we depend on so many different projects that all
use different guava versions.  Not a big deal if we do use it (we're using it
directly in other Metron modules) but we might want to call that dependency out
and use the Metron global guava version.  It looks like you're just using it
for syntactical convenience and isn't critical so my preference would be to
take it out.  I could be convinced otherwise if you think we'll need it down
the road.

---
with INFRA.
---