Mike,

I would concur with you on this.  I think a sub-project of its own is
good since it can be used as a standalone API (with a dependency on Mina
of course).  I would recommend that this API be a separate artifact from
asyncweb as I think we want the client to be capable of being slit off
from the server (for obvious reasons).

Jeff