Rick,

This was the port I did to Mina 2:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/async-http-client-mina2/

Jeff

Rick McGuire wrote:
Alex Karasulu wrote:
Kevan,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  More inline ...

On Jan 30, 2008 1:08 AM, Kevan Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

So, as we discussed the last time, the community members that have been
active in this area are Jeff Genender, Sangjin Lee, and Rick McGuire. You
already know Jeff. Have you reached out to Sangjin and Rick?
I'd urge them both to become involved in the Mina community, as their time
and interest permit.

Right very good point.

So Sangjin and Rick are you interested in working on this with the rest of
the asyncweb crew at MINA?
Yes, I'm definitely interested in helping out. Right now, I'm having a hard time figuring which is the correct Mina 2.0 version. There appear to be at least 3 different versions of an AsyncHttpClient floating around (one in the Mina trunk, one in the AsyncWeb tree, one in the Geronimo sandbox). Which is the appropriate one to start porting the recent changes to the 1.1.5 version to?

Rick

I can understand, however, if Rick and Sangjin see value in the current
codebase

NP that's something to consider and evaluate. And regardless of the code in general we can share knowledge and expertise. I'm sure experiences will rub
off and this is the most important part of it.  The code here is small
compared to the collaborative potential.

So, one possible solution that occurs to me is to transfer the current
1.1.x code in Geronimo sandbox to the Mina project. This might allow Rick
and Sangjin to complete their work on the current codebase and also ease
their transition towards merging code and fixes into the Mina 2.xcodebase. Alternatively, we can leave the code in Geronimo sandbox while
Sangjin and Rick transition their focus to the Mina 2.x support.

Will leave it to the Mina project, Rick, and Sangjin to say what makes the
most sense.

I think all options are open for us.

Thanks for your help towards fostering greater community.

Alex