I think #1 is kind of available. The data connection handling is
defined by the interface ServerDataConnectionFactory. The current
version ships the default implementation in IODataConnectionFactory.
It appears that you can substitute your own implemenation of
ServerDataConnectionFactory by setting the ATTRIBUTE_DATA_CONNECTION
in the FtpSession. So, as soon as a client logs in, you can use an
Ftplet to update the FtpSession and tell it to use your own version of
data connection factory.

I think #2 is in works or at least in the wish list for 2.0. Some one,
please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hope this helps.

Sai Pullabhotla
www.jMethods.com