Yes, you are correct, and I did read that note in the MINA
documentation. Essentially, an IP filter should make use of Session
Created to filter out unwanted clients. Filtering may take a while
depending on how big the list is or how efficient the filtering
algorithm is. If a filter can make use of this event, why not an
Ftplet? I agree that Ftplet authors should know what they are doing
when using this method, but do not see any harm in making this event
available. Just throwing in my ideas for discussion/evaluation, not
that I really want it to be included. :)

Regards,
Sai Pullabhotla