Basically my proposed patch moves the check dispose conditional into a
finally loop forcing it to run even if exceptions were caught.

If the SSLFilter did something weird then it would be blocked on that
filter. What is happening is that the Processor is not dying as requested.
That's why I think my patch ought to resolve the problem.