From: Fegaras, Leonidas <fega...@cse.uta.edu>
Sent: Monday, August 7, 2017 9:02 AM
To: dev@mrql.incubator.apache.org
Subject: [VOTE] Retire the MRQL Podling

Dear MRQL community,
According to the "Guide to Retirement" [1] and after the request for
public discussion on the MRQL dev list [2], I would like to call for a
vote to retire MRQL.
MRQL has been dormant during the last four months. MRQL is incubating
for more than four years. We had four releases but very little
community growth (one new PMC member in 2014 and one new committer in
2016). Due to lack of activity and growth in the podling, I call for
a vote to retire the podling.
The vote will be held open for at least 120 hours (5 days).
If there are no negative binding votes, I will call for a follow-up
vote on the Incubator PMC to confirm the decision to retire MRQL.
Please vote on retiring MRQL:

[ ] +1  Yes, retire Apache MRQL from the Apache Incubator
[ ]  0  I am undecided
[ ] -1  No, do not retire Apache MRQL because...

My vote is a sad +1 (binding)

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/retirement.html
[2] http://markmail.org/message/chpyym5gvsa6sfgd