From: Zha, Sheng
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2017 12:34 AM
To: dev@mxnet.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache MXNet Development Processes: Proposed update

About comment on b), I think after rebase the existing review comments will
remain in the PR even if rebase and history rewriting happens in the fork. The
corresponding commit may be gone because of the change in commit history in the
PR fork and thus the link change.

Best regards,
-sz
On 12/15/17, 5:38 PM, "Markus Weimer" <mar...@weimo.de> wrote:

    On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 5:00 PM, Bhavin Thaker <bhavintha...@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >    a) It is NOT recommended for a committer to merge pull requests that
the
    >    committer authored. Instead the committer MUST get at least one
approval
    >    from another committer to merge his/her pull request.

    +1

    >    - b) When you update a pull request with upstream, you MUST use rebase
    >    to ensure that the pull request is easy to review by the community. See
    > the
    >    how-to link here:
    >    https://mxnet.incubator.apache.org/community/contribute.html

    Doesn't this potentially erase the review history on GitHub?

    Markus