Hi Sheng,

1. I've been following the discussion on the branching & versioning thread.
Features like MKLDNN integration should not go to patch release 1.0.1, and
it's risky to merge large PRs right before the release. I've removed the
MKLDNN section from the release note.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Apache+MXNet+%28incubating%29+1.0.1+Release+Notes

2. I agree that we should aim for better test coverage & stable CI, and get
those disabled/flaky tests fixed eventually. Fixing these requires efforts
from the community and I strongly encourage contributors to help. Removing
the corresponding feature from the release doesn't sound practical since
users might be already using some of those. I suggest that we keep track of
these tests on Apache Wiki and make sure they are addressed for the release
after 1.0.1.

Hi everyone,

In terms of the current status for this release, all critical bug fixes are
merged (to the best of my knowledge) and we have made good progress fixing
license issues. As Meghna mentioned, a list of open questions regarding
license is at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/MXNet+Source+Licenses section
D - it would be great if we can get more clarification/help/feedback from
Apache mentors.

I suggest that we shoot for code freeze for 1.0.1 rc0 this Wednesday. Does
anyone have concern or objection on this?

Best,
Haibin