Detailed documents should help, but the current warning message that
"save_params is deprecated, use save_parameters instead" is not sufficient
enough.

Some details about the API changes:

1. v1.2 changed the implementation of "save_params", which is explained in
the release note. The main benefit for this change is that we don't need to
create layers within a name scope. [1]
2. we found this change breaks a gluon-to-symbol usage, even though we
recommended users to use "export" for this usage. [2]
3. for some good reasons we made a decision to revert save_params in
v1.2.1, and introduced a new API called save_parameters for this new
behavior. [3]

Since calling save_params each time will generate a warning message, it's a
major API change. The recommended for users to update their codes are:

1. If you save parameters to load back into a SymbolBlock, you can use
export instead, though keeping it will not break your codes except for a
warning message. (But it will break in v1.2)
2. If you create gluon layers without a name scope, you must replace
save_params with save_parameters. Otherwise, your model cannot be loaded
back in v1.2.1 (though it works in v1.2)
3. For the rest case, such as models are created within a name scope, and
the models are loaded into gluon (not symbolblock) later, recommend
replacing save_params with save_parameteres. If you don't do it, nothing
will break in v1.2 and v1.2.1, but v1.2.1 will give you a warning message.

This API changes in v1.2 and v1.2.1 are pretty tricky. Anirudh did a great
job in capturing them in release notes. But I feel it's hard for users to
understand the impacts. I suggest to improve the warning message to "use
export if you want to load into SymbolBlock, otherwise use save_parameters.
For more details, refer to this URL".

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/releases/tag/1.2.0
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/11091
[3] https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/11127