Hi Qing,

thanks a lot for your efforts around the Scala examples and to assist us
getting the Scala API to a broader user base! This is a great user-facing
approach!

The following might not be in the current course of how we handle examples
in Python, but let me elaborate: I have seen a lot of problems in the last
months related to examples in Python in the last months that could have
been avoided by testing them in integration tests. These errors included
syntax errors, typos, wrong logic, outdated APIs or other more
context-related errors. Thus, I'd like to strive for full test coverage of
our examples in the long term. I know that we can't get this done within a
single night, but since you are now reworking the way our examples work in
Scala, I'd like to kindly request to assess whether it's possible to
include testing of Scala examples in your plan right from the start. This
will ensure that we have a good first impression with our users, increases
our overall test coverage and also reduces the maintenance overhead we are
having with examples breaking without us knowing.

I think the memory leaks are adjacent problems and that examples are a good
way to make them visible. Since they are already there, we shouldn't block
ourselves from writing and publishing examples. Our users would encounter
them anyways, but by making the examples, we can properly document and
track them ahead of time. The big advantage right now would be that we
could mark these things as known problems in our patch notes and thus our
users would know that we are aware of them and that we are going to fix
them by (hopefully) the following release.

Best regards,
Marco