Hi Carin,

Can you clarify the pros and cons of the two approaches? Is the main
concern here about logistics (e.g. preserving the history of the original
repo and developments) or technical issue (e.g. using squash might end up
with a huuuuge commit message that might be difficult or hard to handle)?

I think it might not be very likely that someone is going to cherry pick
revert some of the commits. But preserving the commit history is still
useful in case one need to trace the change or bisect for some regression
bugs, etc.

Just to provide some context: the PR actually contains 700+ commits, and it
dates back to 2015. The development of the Julia binding started in the
early stage of MXNet. We started with a separate repo due to the
requirement of the package system of julia.

Best,
Chiyuan