I created a PR to address this issue:

Simply change cub submodule's URL will impact every developer. The recommended
command: "git submodule update" won't work. Developer has to run "git submodule
sync" first.

To minimize the impact, I deleted CUB submodule and added a new submodule:
"nvidia_cub". the only side effect is there will be a dangling untracked folder
"cub" in local disk. Developer can delete it manually.

Thanks,
Frank