Just tweeted two videos about it:
https://twitter.com/thdelteil/status/1101012275991764993
https://twitter.com/thdelteil/status/1101012034051727360
We will write a blog post or two about the project when Anton, Pavel and
the others are back from the conference to give more details :)

To summarize and as can be inferred from the videos, two robotic arms are
moving according to the position of the wrists of the player. The pose of
the player is detected using a pose estimation neural network based on the
implementation of Simple Baselines for Pose Estimation paper
<http://openaccess.thecvf.com/content_ECCV_2018/html/Bin_Xiao_Simple_Baselines_for_ECCV_2018_paper.html>that
is going to be released in the next version of gluon-cv, shout out to Zhi
and He Tong for providing the training code. Another classifier detects the
hand as open or closed and that decides the position of the grips. The goal
of the game is to take a book from one side and drop it in the bucket on
the other side by passing it between the two arms. The robots are from
Nyrio, a French startup.

To answer your question Isabel, this project was a joint cooperation
between a few MXNet team members at AWS, including Anton, Pavel and myself
and some employees at the QT (the C++ library) company, in their industrial
automation department.

All the best,

Thomas Delteil