In the end it only comes down to money, considering that the system is auto
scaling, making the execution time constant.

If we're trading money for usability, I certainly would prefer usability.
I'd rather recommend to spend time on parallelizing test execution or
getting rid of integration tests in the PR stage instead reducing the costs
by making people not use it. But taking a step back to requiring people to
manually trigger CI again doesn't feel right.

I'm happy to see that bot deployed, but I do not agree with removing the
auto trigger functionality for new commits.

-Marco