I agree with you here, I think pulling the defs the hard way
is the only option otherwise we will get into an utter mess.
Since we have not promoted too many components yet,
I was not sure if pulling the sandbox defs was a viable option,
given the userbase this code already has.

Scheper, Erik-Berndt schrieb:
Isn't that the risk of using components of the sandbox? IMHO, sandbox
components should always be subject to change without notice. If they
are promoted to 'production quality', then so much the better.

Therefore, my personal preference would be to remove all references in
the sandbox after the promotion. I think -correct me if I'm wrong- that
the same was done for the schedule component, which was the last to be
moved from sandbox to tomahawk.

It is easy enough to change the namespace in the jsp's after an upgrade
(global search and replace) and -as I said- everyone should know that
sandbox components are used at your own risk.