Hi

MM >> I had the idea once that one could have an extra embedded style tag which
MM >> goes with each one of the extended components. So you could
embed this tag,
MM >> and set the style attributes there, and the main component would
stay clean.

To be more specific, the idea could be move the code from this:

            <t:inputCalendar id="secondOne"
monthYearRowClass="yearMonthHeader" weekRowClass="weekHeader"
popupButtonStyleClass="standard_bold"
                currentDayCellClass="currentDayCell"
value="#{calendarBean.secondDate}" renderAsPopup="true"
                popupTodayString="#{example_messages['popup_today_string']}"
                popupDateFormat="MM/dd/yyyy"
popupWeekString="#{example_messages['popup_week_string']}"
                helpText="MM/DD/YYYY"/>

to something like this?

            <t:inputCalendar id="secondOne"
value="#{calendarBean.secondDate}" renderAsPopup="true"
                popupDateFormat="MM/dd/yyyy"
                helpText="MM/DD/YYYY">
                    <t:styleAttributes monthYearRowClass="yearMonthHeader"
                                              weekRowClass="weekHeader"

popupButtonStyleClass="standard_bold"

currentDayCellClass="currentDayCell"

popupTodayString="#{example_messages['popup_today_string']}"

popupWeekString="#{example_messages['popup_week_string']}" />
            </t:inputCalendar>

Or maybe this:

            <t:inputCalendar id="secondOne"
value="#{calendarBean.secondDate}" renderAsPopup="true"
                popupDateFormat="MM/dd/yyyy"
                helpText="MM/DD/YYYY">
                    <t:styleAttributes
value="#{styleAppScopeBean.calendarPropertyMap}"/>
            </t:inputCalendar>

And move the styling attribute from the markup to an application scope
bean like
the proposal in JSF 2.2 related to f:attributes tag?.

I think with just a facelet TagHandler it is possible to do it. Maybe
have a generic style tag and
a special style tag for calendar component, because calendar has a lot
of related attributes.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe