+1

Thanks,

Paul Nicolucci

From:   Thomas Andraschko <andraschko.tho...@gmail.com>
To:     MyFaces Development <dev@myfaces.apache.org>
Date:   02/26/2018 06:04 PM
Subject:        Re: [VOTE] release of MyFaces Core 2.3.0

Ok, but as ManagedBeans are deprecated, it also fails with older MF
versions and it's probably related to Jetty -> it's no blocker. I will
create a separate topic for this issue.

+1 - build is fine, rat is fine, all my other tests are fine.

  Ok, seems like @PostConstruct of a @ManagedBean isn't called anymore.

  Seems like the ManagedBean is instantiated correctly, the
  @ManagedProperty's are resolved but @PostConstruct isn't called.
  ManagedBeanBuilder ln213 calls the LifecycleProvider2 to do the
  @PostConstruct but nothing happens.

  Any idea why a Tomcat7LifecycleProvider is used when running with
  mvn-jetty? As InstanceManager

http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.apache.tomcat/tomcat-api/8.0.12/org/apache/tomcat/SimpleInstanceManager.java
   is used, which really does nothing.
  Should this work? I wonder how did this ever work?
  Tried it again and faced the same problem with MF2.2 now....

  >:
   Currently testing the PrimeFaces showcase and it seems something is
   broken regarding UIData :/
   Will come back after checking the details tomorrow. Our lazy datatable
   works fine with MF2.2 and Mojarra2.3 but not MF2.3.

     Hello,

     I was running the needed tasks to get the 2.3.0 release of Apache
     MyFaces core out.

     Please note that this vote concerns the following part:
         1. Maven artifact group "org.apache.myfaces.core" v2.3.0  [1]

     The artifacts were deployed on nexus repo [1] for binary and source
     packages.

     The release notes could be found at [4].

     Also the japicmp tool (similar to clirr tool) does not show binary
     incompatibilities with myfaces-api.

     Please take a look at the "2.3.0" artifacts and vote! (see [3])

     Please note: This vote is "majority approval" with a minimum of three
     +1 votes (see [2]).

     [ ] +1 for community members who have reviewed the bits
     [ ] +0
     [ ] -1 for fatal flaws that should cause these bits not to be
     released, and why..............

     Thanks,
     Eduardo M. Breijo

     [1]