Hi Andrzej.

> On Feb 8, 2018, at 2:29 AM, Andrzej Kaczmarek <andrzej.kaczma...@codecoup.pl>
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 12:32 AM, aditi hilbert <ad...@runtime.io> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> There has been a lot of feature additions and bug fixes since our last
>> release on Dec 13, 2018.
>> I’d like to propose we try to get a release out in two weeks (Feb 21st).
>> Below are some of the things we have added:
>>
>> * Fixes for NimBLE 5 and Mesh issues found at upf59 last week
>> * Fixes for NimBLE 5 issues found during BT certification testing
>>

> Also we'll have support for advertising data fragmentation (i.e.
> AUX_CHAIN_IND) which was successfully tested on UPF59 and hopefully will be
> merged soon: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-core/pull/770
>

>> * NimBLE port to freeRTOS kernel
>>

> ​This is actually being worked on in separate repository (mynewt-nimble) so
> we now have two separate repositories with Nimble code. The goal is to have
> mynewt-nimble as the only repository with Nimble code and build Mynewt with
> that code. I think it would make sense to aim for completing this split
> after current release so we can develop Nimble in one place and also start
> raising issues on GitHub for proper repository. If this makes sense, I can
> send separate e-mail for discussion later.

Yes, I agree it makes sense to wait until after 1.4 release. There are a couple
of
other modules that are in a similar situation (mcuboot, mcumgr) and we probably
need
a plan for the migration/deprecation. For example, make Mynewt use the existing
Nimble
code in -core as default in 1.5 but be able to use code in -nimble if so
configured.
Then make -nimble default the following release onwards.

Looking forward to your email!

thanks,
aditi