From: David Lee [djl...@cornell.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2018 1:04 AM
To: dev@mynewt.apache.org
Subject: Re: Do we have any documentation on package dependencies and versions

Hey Krishna,

There aren't any extensive checks that are done with each version. Based on
the documentation on the Apache Mynewt website, these are the versions that
have been tested:

Linux distro and version: Ubuntu version 17.04, kernel version 4.10
gcc-multilib (libc6-i386): v 2.4 or greater
gdb: v 7.7.1
gcc for ARM (gcc-arm-embedded): v 4.9.3
openocd: 0.10.0

Have you already tried installing Newt? There are instructions for
installing Newt, native toolchain, and cross tools for ARM on Mynewt
website here:
https://mynewt.apache.org/latest/os/get_started/native_install_intro/

-David