Is this change going to be required for all mesos installations that would
run Myriad with remote distribution?  I guess I'd like to respectfully
challenge that notion that to use remote distribution we need to make a
cluster wide change to all of our slave nodes that would require a restart
of the mesos slaves.  That seems to me to be quite a large requirement.

What's strange to me, is at one point I had this working without the that
requirement, but I can't reproduce how I created the tgz to make it work.
Where does the requirement to have the /tmp not be world writable come into
play? This is seems like a strange requirement in that as a executor, it's
world should start at the root of it's container.  I.e. how does it even
know that that it's parent directory has different permissions? Can we just
just traverse frameworks up? If I had a command that said rm -rf ../../*
would that work?  Maybe I just didn't dig into what the sandbox was before
this, but my thought that from the perspective of the executors / was, for
example:

/tmp/mesos/slaves/20151007-102829-1660987584-5050-15078-S5/frameworks/d9aab75d-1a74-489d-976d-805ce55364ff-0011/executors/myriad_executord9aab75d-1a74-489d-976d-805ce55364ff-0011d9aab75d-1a74-489d-976d-805ce55364ff-O18052420151007-102829-1660987584-5050-15078-S5/runs/70c6ba08-5c7a-4399-bf5a-34ac328e66e1/

as a ls of that directory shows me the unpacked tgz etc.  How does the
nodemanager know that the parent directories, specifically /tmp is world
writable, and why does it care?

I am not trying to be belligerent, I just want to understand this without
just changing a cluster wide setting/restarting mesos.

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 1:53 PM, yuliya Feldman <yufeld...@yahoo.com.invalid