I understand that Hadoop (yarn)  requires those permission.  My concern
still stands in that I had it running at one point without this issue. I
can't reproduce it now, and trying to figure that out (so at some point,
the permissions I had set seemed to allow it to run, without changing the
slaves) unless it was a mirage, or some other quirk, it was running.  Can
others confirm that they have to change their Mesos setup in order to run
Myriad?  This seems very odd to me in that A. If the permissions are wrong
to the point where we can't run the framework Mesos running with default
settings. (Writing to /tmp is the standard location for Mesos, and there
have been no changes to /tmp permissions, the permissions are drwxrwxrwt
root:root  just like a standard install of Ubuntu 14.04) B. Everyone here
who has run Myriad have thus changed their default settings on Mesos and C.
That this change of Mesos isn't in the documentation.

In my environment that I believe that it "ran" at some point (something I
did on executor tgz permissions helped it to work) combined with  something
so big (requiring a change on every Mesos slave in your cluster) and
critical to even getting Myriad (i.e. Yarn won't run in the default Mesos
setup) to run isn't in the documentation of getting Myriad to run makes me
question whether there is no work around to this.

So let me ask the group

1. Did everyone here make the change in Mesos to get Myriad to run?  If
Myriad is running in your environment (it doesn't matter if you are running
MapR or not) and you have not changed your default /tmp location for Slave
Sandboxes, please share your /tmp ownership and permissions and let us know
if it runs. If it did require a change, please let us know what you changed
it to, and if it affected any other frameworks.  (That is my largest
concern in that changing permissions on this location is not a Myriad only
change)

2. If everyone DID make this change, then we NEED to get this documented
because this will be a huge speed bump in people trying it out and getting
it running.

Yuliya, I am not trying to be a pain, but as a user this is a very strange
to me that something so fundamental to the operation is not clear in the
documentation. I just want to ensure we (probably mostly me) understands
this completely before I go and make changes to every node in my mesos
cluster.

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 4:44 PM, yuliya Feldman <yufeld...@yahoo.com.invalid