During the incubator vote thread [1] for the Mysos proposal the project
name came up as a potential issue due to its similarity with Apache Mesos.
This was carried over and also raised on the board@ and private@mesos
mailing lists. As a follow up to those discussions I have created a podling
name search [2] and would like to open up the discussion regarding the
project name here on our dev list. Before any additional project setup
occurs I would like to make sure we have closed any outstanding issues with
the Mysos name or proposed and voted on a new name (if necessary).

-Jake

[1]:  http://s.apache.org/EjOH
[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-78