On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 01:16 -0400, Amer Javaid wrote:
> Hi!
>

> My team wants to develop an OpenOffice NLC project targeted for URDU
> language.  This language is a native language of more than 500 million
> people in Pakistan & India and is also understood in most countries of the
> world.

A bit off-topic, but I couldn't resist asking. I was doing some research
on the most popular languages in the world and came across this:

"Hindi/Urdu

"Hindi and Urdu are essentially the same language. In Pakistan, Hindi is
modified and written in Arabic script, whereas in India, it is written
in the Devanagari script and called Hindi. Combined, 600 million human
beings speak Hindi."

Is this correct?

Thanks - John