Hi,
IMHO If the changed files are inside the main nb repository you should
release a new version of the whole repository.
So it would be a 11.0.1 nb, with at least the zip of the sources of the
whole repository.
That fact that users would be able to upgrade the single module is just a
detail.

For instance in Apache Maven, that is comprised of 100+ independent module,
we have a release of Maven core and every sub module (maven plugin) is
released independently.
But every project has its own repository + sources zip + convenience binary.

I am not suggesting to split NB, I am just saying that you should release
the whole buildable sources bundle and not only a part.

AFAIK in Apache we are releasing 'source code', and it is important that
who downloads it is able to build it.

Just my 2 cents

Enrico