Well, I'd avoid changing the version number of the IDE and with that releasing the complete code-base.

The users would be able to build the patch release by downloading the 11.0 sources and overwrite the files released in the patch, it just another step in the process and does not make it impossible to build.

AFAIK Apache releases are just a set of source code.

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ccff6dc3152cde4a278a30ef2fdba14c5a1cb54eae56dfcbc9b867ad@%3Cdev.netbeans.apache.org%3E