NetBeans runs on JDK 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12.

But that's not the point in this discussion. The discussion is about
installers -- and just to save some time here, we cannot bundle the JDK
with NetBeans into an installer and then distribute that installer from
Apache because the JDK is GPL licensed, which means it cannot be
distributed from Apache because of Apache's licensing restrictions.

Gj