De : Neil C Smith <neilcsm...@apache.org>
Envoyé : mardi 23 juillet 2019 10:32
À : dev <dev@netbeans.apache.org>
Objet : Re: Apache NetBeans 11.1 Installers

On Mon, 22 Jul 2019 at 13:39, <reema.tan...@oracle.com> wrote:
> Please help verify these artifacts.
>
> Need minimum 3 +1s from PMC members, with one test on each OS
> installer, before we make these publicly available from release page.

To clarify for others, while some functionality tests are useful, the primary
purpose of this thread and getting min 3 +1s from PMC members was as an
oversight check that we're meeting our obligations as a PMC on convenience
binaries that get distributed - not as a formal vote.
Correct keys, checksums, filenames, location, etc. as well as functional.

eg. as per second paragraph at
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#what-must-every-release-contain

"Note that the PMC is responsible for all artifacts in their distribution
directory, which is a subdirectory of www.apache.org/dist/ ; and all artifacts
placed in their directory must be signed by a committer, preferably by a PMC
member. It is also necessary for the PMC to ensure that the source package is
sufficient to build any binary artifacts associated with the release."

Thanks,