> 2. I did't quite understand this:
>
> On Wed, 02 Oct 2019 22:50:55 +0200 Matthias Bläsing wrote:
>
> > While netbeans can be build with JDK 9, that is not the production
> > configuration, so you could introduce dependencies on newer
> > implementations without realising it, before the problem is caught by
> > the CI pipeline.
>
> (a) What is "CI pipeline"?
> (b) What are these dependencies and what would be the negative result in
> introducing them?

Continuous integration pipeline:
https://builds.apache.org/job/netbeans-linux/

If you're going to write code using new language features introduced in JDK
9 or later, and then commit that to Apache NetBeans GitHub, that will be
caught by the CI pipeline since the production configuration is JDK 8.

Hope it helps,

Gj